The flashcards mode is a great way to introduce new content that is unfamiliar to the student. The default flashcard mode shows both the word and the picture.
The record button in the flashcards game is just there for practice. It allows the user to try to say what they are hearing and then to listen to their own recording by pressing the play button. However, it does not actually save over the existing recording. That can only be done from the settings page.
Since there are many different ways of learning from using flashcards, we offer a variety of settings so that you can perfectly adapt the flashcards game to your students needs and preferences.
The settings options include
- Record button: Turn the record button on or off depending on whether you want to let kids practice while viewing the flashcards.
- Play audio with new card: Turn setting on to always have the audio play the moment the card appears.
- Looping: Turn on to continuously keep cycling through all of the flashcards in the board.
- Display Option
- Flashcards only: Display full flashcards
- Words only: Display only the text and no images
- Images only: Display only the images and no text
- Words, then images
- Images, then words
- Card Progression:
- New card on touch: Display new card on touch
- New card on swipe: Display new card on swipe
- Manual progression: Display new card by pressing next button
- Auto progression: Display new cards automatically. Adjust speed in 0.1 second increments.
- Highlight letters: Turn on to highlight specific letters, prefixes, or suffixes in each word.
- Customize highlights: Enter specific prefixes, suffixes, letters that you would like to see highlighted.
- Max highlights: Display up to two highlights per word
- Capitalization: Select either lowercase, uppercase, or as entered to display the text exactly as it was entered.
- A to Z: Bits will appear in alphabetical order
- Random: Bits will appear in random order
- As entered: Bits will appear in the order you set them