The Trace It Game is a really fun and interactive game for little ones to improve their handwriting and letter recognition skills. In the Trace It Game, you have to trace individual letters. The game can be played either with single letters or even with words, in which case you need to trace all of the letters in each word.
Like all Bitsboard games, the Trace It Game is fully customizable.
The settings options include:
- Allow Stops: Turn this ON if you want to allow users to trace letters one small step at a time
- Draw Only On Model: Turn this ON if you want the tracing line to completely fill the model and not go outside the model
- Show Model: Turn this ON if you want the user to see the model. Turn OFF for advanced users to trace letters without seeing the model
- Letter Sounds: Here you can record your own custom letter sounds
- Customize dots: Here you can fully customize the tracing lines for each letter and number.
- Select critters: Here you can turn individual images on or off. Great for little ones that have specific favorites such as the firetruck.
- Difficulty: Difficulty determines how exact the user has to trace the lines.
- Session Length:
- Per round: Include between 1 and 20 items per round or all items.
- Rounds: Go between 1 and 10 rounds or set it to continuous to keep playing without ever being interrupted by a scorecard.
- A to Z: Bits will appear in alphabetical order
- Random: Bits will appear in random order
- As entered: Bits will appear in the order you set them
- Automatic: The game will automatically advance to the next screen after each correct answer.
- Manual: The user has to click on the next button after each correct answer. Manual is a great option if you want to review what someone did before proceeding with the next question.